miércoles, abril 29, 2009

Waitin' round to die



Sometimes I don't know where this dirty road is taking me
Sometimes I can't even see the reason why
I guess I keep on gamblin', lots of booze and lots of ramblin'
It's easier than just a-waitin' 'round to die

One-time friends I had a ma, I even had a pa
He beat her with a belt once cause she cried
She told him to take care of me, she headed down to Tennessee
It's easier than just a-waitin' 'round to die

I came of age and found a girl in a Tuscaloosa bar
She cleaned me out and hit it on the sly
I tried to kill the pain, I bought some wine and hopped a train
Seemed easier than just a-waitin' 'round to die

A friend said he knew where some easy money was
We robbed a man and brother did we fly
The posse caught up with me, drug me back to Muskogee
It's two long years, just a-waitin' 'round to die

Now I'm out of prison, I got me a friend at last
He don't steal or cheat or drink or lie
His name's codeine, he's the nicest thing I've seen
Together we're gonna wait around and die

-

Waitin' round to die.
Townes Van Zandt
[Original de 1968. El vídeo es de un documental de 1975 o del 1976 que se llama «Heartworn highways». La chica de pelo largo es su novia y el señor mayor, un vecino. Quizá la historia que se cuenta sea la de este señor. Algunos lo suponen. No hay nada seguro. La letra es la de la canción original y por eso no coincide exactamente, aunque eso no le hace perder ni un ñáñigo de belleza].

3 comentarios:

Martin David Robinson dijo...

Certainly, an ugly song. It's incredible.

Moutinho Mores dijo...

Me agrada este canto pois mentresque esgarrado. O mais democratico canto com sua poematica vivipara poemene desagaribado el homene hermafrodita da es secundugo com la sua hembrosa.

Molibdeno Molar dijo...

Yo creo que es muy emocionante. A lot. Pero igual es porque me pilla en la hora mala: justo antes de devorar mi última pieza de carne de caballo.